In this second part of this series we covered why CM is great for boys, digital learning and formal lessons. We learned how Charlotte Mason can inspire a love of learning and reading. We learned about the feast of subjects, like picture study and Shakespeare, as well as the benefits of CM for working moms.
As we near the close of the series, I’d love to share 10 Charlotte Mason education books you must read as you continue on your CM journey.
- Home Education (Volume 1 of the The Home Education Series)
- Parents and Children (Volume 2)
- School Education (Volume 3)
- Ourselves (Volume 4)
- Formation of Character (Volume 5)
- A Philosophy of Education (Volume 6)
- Habits: The Mother’s Secret to Success (Book 1 of the Charlotte Mason Topic Series) Quick guide to the importance of developing good habits in children.
- The Outdoor Life of Children: The Importance of nature Study and Outside Activities (Book 2) A selection of Mason’s writing about nature study and an out-of-doors lifestyle.
- For The Children’s Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and School – Fantastic introduction to CM. One of my absolute favorites, and full of “ah-ha” moments.
- A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections of the gentle Art of Learning – CM in a modern setting, this has very much become a go-to resource guide for me.
Don’t miss the rest of the Charlotte Mason Homeschooling series. Click here for a list of this month’s contributors.