We are calling these deliciously messy treats ‘dark chocolate churro bombs’ because of the explosion of chocolate in every bite. Today’s recipe is not a baked, it’s actually fried. Though the prep time was short, it was also very messy! Then again, it’s something we should expect with kids in the kitchen or anywhere else for that matter.
My girls, Kayla and Olivia, actually filmed a video of the process, you can see it at the bottom of this post.
This recipe is made up three components, you will need to prepare the pastry, chocolate ganache filling and the cinnamon sugar topping. Also because there is hot oil involved, close supervision is a must.!
Let us know how you did if you decide to try it, we promise you’ll love it!
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup of water
2 cups of oil
8 oz of dark chocolate chips
1 cup of milk
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
2 cups of sugar
3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- Melt the butter in a pan, and add in sugar, salt, water and flour. Remove from heat once everything is throroughly mixed. As it cools, add eggs to the flour mixture one at a time, and mix well.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. Add in the milk and mix well. Let the chocolate mixture sit.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a deep bowl, we will use this later.
- Heat 2 cups of oil in a pot. Once it’s hot, add a scoop of batter into the oil (an ice cream scoop works well). Cook the batter until it is a nice golden brown.
- Remove the pastry and place it in the cinnamon and sugar bowl, and coat it in the mixture. Repeat this step with the rest of the batter.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag or plastic bag with a small cut in the corner. Make a small opening in the pastry and squeeze in as much melted chocolate as you can.
Check out the video below!
Catch the rest of this week’s recipes and and more from iHomeschool Network by clicking on the image below.