Our final recipe comes from Amaya. Today she is sharing her super quick peanut butter cookie recipe. Amaya is 13 years old, she is an avid baker, photographer, videographer, executive producer (sister’s YouTube videos) and lover of books. She was a little hesitant to share her recipe, because she came up with it ‘by just throwing ingredients together’. We think these cookies are great, they tend to disappear pretty quickly.
I encourage you to give your kids opportunities to try to come up with their own recipes, or variations of others. You never know what amazing dishes, pastries, or deserts they’ll end up with. Let their creativity run free!
We hope you give this recipe a try, prep time takes roughly 15 minutes plus 10-15 minutes to bake. If you try it, please come back and tell us what you think.
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup peanut of butter
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 1/2 cups of flour
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F
- Grease your cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and oil together, then add in one egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the peanut butter to the mix.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and mix with the rest of the ingredients. If the dough crumbles, add a little bit of water until it comes back together.
- Scoop dough into round balls onto the cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 mins.
Let cookies completely cool and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed our simple kid friendly recipes, and we’d love to hear about some of yours. To get back to the beginning of our 5 Days of Baking with Kids series click on the image below.